pearl always knows what to say
but amethyst always knows what to do to make steven happy
OMEGA RUBY GIVEAWAY!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!
I will be giving away a free copy of Pokemon Omega Ruby. I will be pre-ordering both copies and i’ll keep Alpha Sapphire for myself.
1. If you are under the age of 18 please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission
2. Reblog as much as you want
3. DO NOT SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS UNLESS I’VE SPECIFICALLY CHOSEN YOU AS THE WINNER
4. THE WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN USING A RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR
5. SORRY, THIS GIVEAWAY IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE IN NORTH AMERICA BECAUSE IM PRETTY SURE THE GAME IS REGION LOCKED
6. You do NOT have to be following me but you can check out my blog and follow me if you think i’m rad.
7. This Giveaway ends NOVEMBER 15 2014
message me for questions and stuff, oh and have fun
I am going to be making a fic journal. It is Buttlobster going to be posting fics and drables and shit on it.
amazinglybad replied to your post “so i told my mom that i wanted to get a knife or pepper spray for…”Ach, thats terrible. Any form of self-defense is better than none.
right! my mom’s always quick to shoot down my ideas….. but i might just buy one myself they probably wouldn’t be too much money
They aren’t at all! Perhaps you could simply tell your mom that you would feel safer, and if someone is going to attack you they probably already have a weapon in the first place and it would be quicker than busting out some keys to put between your fingers?
diobrandio replied to your post “so i told my mom that i wanted to get a knife or pepper spray for…”safety cat
yes! a safety cat thats what i want
I am getting one myself, maybe you can ask a friend to order one for you?
The guy on the left, since he shows clear disgust with having his picture taken suddenly without permission. The guy on the right has had so little sleep that his grip on reality and emotions has left him
Why you should be in passionate horny love with Elizabeth ‘Nellie Bly’ Cochrane
- Born in 1864/65, Elizabeth, one of 15 children, was always ‘the rebellious one’. Fierce as fuck from an early age, she testified against her abusive stepfather in her mother’s divorce trial.
- In 1880 she enrolled in a teacher-training college but had to leave after her first semester due to lack of funding - then moved to Pittsburgh to help run a goddamn boarding school.
- This is where we get to the good shit. Age 18, she wrote a letter-to-the-editor of the Pittsburgh Dispatch bitchslapping the everloving fuck out of a sexist ballsack of an article entitled ‘What Girls Are Good For’.
- The editor was so goddamn wooed by her razor-sharp tongue that he RAN AN AD asking her to identify herself. Elizabeth owned up, and was hired instantaneously, her badassery radiating from her pores and intoxicating all within a twenty mile radius.
- Working under the pen-name Nellie Bly, Elizabeth kicked the butts of morons everywhere, writing articles aimed at social justice, particularly labour laws to protect working ‘girls’ and reform of Pennsylvania’s divorce law, which greatly favoured men.
- Not content with changing the world from behind her desk, Elizabeth became a founding mother of investigative journalism. She was expelled from Mexico for exposing political corruption, and henceforth wrapped in cotton wool by her editors. Infuriated by their mollycoddling, Lizzie left them a note essentially telling them to fuck themselves and hot footed it to NYC. She was still only 23.
- Within six months she was hired by Joseph fucking Pulitzer himself, and continued her batshit crazy investigations uninhibited. Her very first assingment had her feigning mental illness to expose repulsive conditions in Blackwell’s Island Insane Asylum. Her cutting report was so fucking horrifying, compelling and persuasive that it triggered public and political action, leading to reform of the institution.
- In the next couple of years she had herself thrown in jail and hired by a sweatshop, all for shits and giggles. Oh, and to uncover incomprehensible injustice, cruelty, poverty, and the concealed, heinous treatment of the vulnerable and voiceless.
- But was pioneering journalism, social revolution and batshit badassery enough for our Liz? Like fuck it was. On a whim Nellie did what any self-respecting 25 year old woman in the 1800s would do - she emulated Jules Verne’s Around the World in Eighty Days, and did it in 72.
- Millions followed her journey, and its appeal to a semi-literate populace resulted in greatly increased newspaper readership. So while travelling the entire globe (IN THE 1800s, AS A WOMAN) by ship, train, burro and balloon, she helped the world to read.
- Having essentially conquered the entire goddamn universe before hitting 30, Nellie retired, and wed 72 year old industrialist Robert Seaman. Their marriage was a happy one, and after his death she took over Iron Clad Manufacturing Co.
- But Lizzie was a writer, what would she know about the metal industry? Well, she INVENTED the steel barrel that became the model for the widely used 55-gallon drum and turned her inherited businesses into multimillion-dollar companies, so apparently a fuck ton.
- Furthermore, she set a precedent for working conditions, ensuring her workers had good pay, gymnasiums, staffed libraries, and health care, all completely unheard of at the time, while still writing to further the plight of the Suffragette movement.
- Nellie may have died age 58 of pneumonia, but HBICs live on forever.
I’m so pissed right now because I NEVER, EVER found her in a single of the history and literature books I studied on. Fuck that shit, this woman needs a whole entire chapter in every single book in print
I’ve been infatuated with Nellie since the Pittsburgh CLO came to my elementary school and did a one-woman musical performance about her.
*makes hour-long fart noises*
"Im sorry but black people cant be elves because black people arent beautiful or good"
Please tell me this anon is fucking joking.
Poc can’t be pure apparently
This is something a friend of mine actually said to my face while I was talking about diversity in books the other day. I really don’t understand how people could think it’s strange for a fictional mythical creature to have darker skin. If it’s about staying close to the original, then why do they think it’s fine for vampires to walk out in the sun? Why do they use Tolkien as a source instead of the original elves? And if it’s about beauty and purity… how can they not see how racist they are? How blinded can they be by their own hateful delusions?
I hope the anon trips and falls into a pile of wet shit for their disgusting, racist delusions
like seriously I don’t even have a longwinded educational comeback for that they’re just disgusting fucking hell ew anon I wish upon you allergies to everything and a rash in your privates
And I hope you know how ugly and impure and dirty you are
I wish your kind didn’t exist, anon, but here we are
I feel dirty just looking at your comment
My skin is crawling
Bask in the apparent “impurity” of my PoC elves you shitstain-anon
Impure and “unethereal” my ass
elves are elves, people are people, “pure white skin” or not. in fact, we need more dark skinned elves to add to this - i suggest others add their own art too.
Yeah but those are all dark elves. Or drow. And as you see none of them are represented as pure and good. Cigarettes, evil grins, scars. In eleven mythology, the elves ,who were pure and often represented in white, live above ground with pure and lawful ways while the dark elves live underground in a city teeming with evil and unfairness, thats just how the general mythology goes. I agree this anon was obviously backed by racial issues but that doesn’t mean they is correct in facts.
Im sorry, excuse you? The second character is a dark elf, yes, the others are not.
The first one is my character Ievos, who is the god of void in my world. A being of power, seen as the primary religious figure in my story. He is seen as complete and total pure perfection in my story and is anything but a dark elf. ie: How we see “God” and “Jesus” in our religions in reallife.
The second one, Addifore, is indeed a dark elf and is the admiral of the King’s army.
The third one, Dilandau, is a wood elf - and since WHEN does having scars make you evil? I have a scar on my waist, am I evil? He’s adopted refugee camps of children and lead them to safety in RP before, in contrast to the albino high elves who are actually quite stuck up and wouldn’t aid lowbloods.
The fourth one, OF ALL characters, just because she has scars does not make her evil. Clauhdia is a wood elven priest who tends to the sick and injured in the war. She was caught in a FIRE as a child, thus her scars. Totally makes her evil, right?
How about you stop judging people based on their appearances?? Scars, smoking, dark skin, even if you have all three of these features doesn’t make you bloody evil for christ’s sake.
Oh man I am super excited about this post.
Let’s talk (briefly) about elves!
Our word “elf” comes from the Middle English ælf, which means, predictably, “elf” - but also “incubus”, the supernatural creature who has sex with women while they sleep. So that’s a thing.
The earliest myths that we can identify as specifically talking about elves are Icelandic. Snorri Sturluson’s Prose Edda mentions Svartálfar, Dökkálfar, and Ljósálfar - the black elves, dark elves, and light elves. If you read the Prose Edda, it becomes clear that Sturluson was talking, respectively, about dwarves, demons, and angels - the latter two obviously borrowed from the Christian mythology that Sturluson would have been exposed to as a traveling skald. (Remember, Snorri Sturluson lived in the 12th and 13th centuries CE - more than a millennium after Jesus.) We also have elves from Old English sources - where, again, they’re actually talking about Christian demons.
In Middle English we get a resurgence of elves, but here, again, an elf is an ælf - a supernatural creature generally out to do harm. They are associated with seiðr - sorcery - in nearly every account. In fact, that’s true of pretty much every appearance of elves up to the 17th or 18th century. “Elf” and “dwarf” are pretty much interchangeable throughout the Middle English period, and it’s not until we get to Edmund Spenser in the second half of the 16th century that “elf” starts to be used more positively. And even then, it’s not because elves are seen in a better light; it’s because in Spenser’s seminal The Faerie Queene, he uses “elf” and “faerie” pretty much synonymously. (This clearly indicates a shift in thought prior to Spenser, but he’s the first good source we have for the usage, especially considering Shakespeare’s similar conflation soon afterward.)
By the 19th century, elves had become a particular kind of faerie: small and slight, with archaic clothing, they were helpers and assistants, like brownies and boggans. (This is why Santa Claus’s elf assistants are depicted as short and archaically-dressed! Claus himself is notably described as a “jolly old elf” - which contradicts his modern, Coca-Cola-driven image as a towering, plump man.)
They remained thus until The Hobbit in 1937, which depicted tall, graceful, beautiful elves - and which, according to Tolkien, explicitly referred back to the Germanic elben and the Icelandic Ljósálfar, which were both drawn from Christian angels.
"Drow", meanwhile, while they appear to hearken back to the Icelandic Dökkálfar and Svartálfar, actually owe more to the Scottish trow creature - which is a cognate of, and describes, “trolls”, not elves. And the drow originate not with mythology or even with Tolkien, but with Dungeons & Dragons.
So. Elves are all shapes and sizes, if you actually go back to the mythology. And they’re all colors too, from bright white to black as pitch. Claiming otherwise is both ignorant of the origin of the species and racist. Sorry.